Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Maker Education and Social-Emotional Development - User Generated Education @JackieGerstein #makered


"Maker education, when planned around skills acquisition, can enhance social-emotional development.

Self-Awareness: Making in all its forms requires a full range of skills including cognitive, physical, and affective skills. Given this need for multiple and diverse skill set, effective and successful making comes from an accurate assessment of one's strengths and limitations as well as having optimism and confidence that challenges can be overcome within the making process. Example questions related to self-awareness and making include:

     * What strategies am I using to increase my awareness of my emotions and how they influence my performance during the making-related tasks?

     * What are my strengths given this particular making task?

     * What are my limitations and how can I use my strengths to overcome them? ..."


Stewart-Marshall's insight:
Successful making comes from an accurate assessment of one's strengths and limitations as well as having optimism and confidence that challenges can be overcome within the making process.

Online Masters and PhDs

Online and Distance Learning